I love tempeh meatballs but I've got to say that the pecan nuts takes this dish into a crazy delicious territory! This is one that people ask me to re-make for them when they come for dinner, it is super easy and absolutely filling and delicious. Serve with tubular spaghetti or zucchini pasta ... or make a sub :) The possibilities are endless :)
Tempeh and Pecan Meatballs
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
3 cloves garlic
1 cup of pecans
½ cup tomato paste
2 chia eggs (2 Tablespoons of Chia and 6 Tablespoons of water presoaked together in a small bowl for five minutes before adding).
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of dried basil
1/2 teaspoon of dried chilli flakes, more if you like it spicy!
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Preheat Oven to 180 degrees
2) Sauté olive oil, garlic and onions together for 5 minutes on low – medium temperature.
3) Process pecan nuts until they become fine.
4) Add all other ingredients into food processor, and process until combined.
5) On an oven tray, lined with baking paper, make walnut size balls.
6) Cook for 20-25 minutes until brown and firm on outside.
Garlic Tomato Sauce:
2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil
12 cloves of garlic, diced
1 jar of passata (700 grams)
1 teaspoon of chili
Salt and Pepper
1) Saute olive oil and garlic on a low heat for 3-5 minutes.
2) Add all other ingredients, and cook for 20 minutes.
On a freshly steamed bowl of zucchini pasta, or normal pasta, add garlic sauce and five meatballs and garnish with fresh basil if desired.